Whereas just a few years ago we were burning DVDs (or remember CDs before that?) and mailing them in order to transfer data. Imagine having to transfer a 25 GB high-res movie splitting it over 5 of 6 DVDs… Left aside the cost factor of buying a stack of DVDs and the shipping costs of FedEx. This requires some serious effort and knowledge, both on the part of the sender to create the DVDs and on the part of the receiver to regenerate the original data.
Data is getting bigger these days
The data we generate is getting bigger and bigger. This is mainly due to the increasing use of digital video. New trends are constantly developing such as:
- Ultra-high definition video in the form of 4K, where 1 hour of footage is about 30 GB (and even 8K already exists).
- Drones are becoming more and more popular, generating huge amounts of photos and videos
- GoPro action cameras are creating high-resolution adventure videos
Upload files up to 100 GB: TransferXL as a simple & fast solution
To transfer your data, you need a solution that can transfer data (almost) without restrictions, is easy to use and takes little time.
TransferXL limits the maximum size of a file transfer almost hardly: files up to 100 GB can be sent in one file transfer. This prevents you from having to split your data or use USB sticks, for example.
Another advantage of TransferXL is that there is no need to create a ZIP file in advance. This is because it doubles the hard disk space required, which is inconvenient especially for large transfers: to perform a 25 GB transfer, you would need (at least) 25 GB of free hard disk space.
With TransferXL, you can drag and drop a directory and create the ZIP file on the go, while still uploading all the content. Even after the transfer is complete, there is no need to delete a ZIP file.
Share large files: Here’s how it works with TransferXL
TransferXL offers you two ways to share large amounts of data:
- File transfer via e-mail: Send the uploaded files directly to the email addresses of the desired recipients.
- File transfer via download link: Upload your files and share the created download link with the desired recipients. For example, you can share the download link as a direct message via social media, as a social media post, or even in an individual email.
Share large amounts of files via TransferXL!